Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Friday 5 December 2008

Busy Day at the Christmas Fayre.

I spent the whole day at Auryn's School today, helping out with the Christmas fayre & had a ton of fun along the way! LOL. Only someone who has been involved in a fundraiser will know how much of a giggle we had ... & it's not a case of being in the clique - Auryn goes on the school bus, so I don't know any of the other parents at all - and don't see too much of the teachers either. But I have said I'll get more involved ... same as I was when the older boys were at infant school *smiles*
Anyway, These are a couple of the card sets that I put together ... made the cards a while ago - & over the last couple days, I made the envelopes, tags & boxes ... think I'm probably gonna package more cards this way in the future rather than doing individual ones in cello bags ... what d'ya think?? I have others to show but not until next week after Di has revealed the sketch! .
& here's a li'l photo of Auryn with the great man himself ... he was soooo excited to meet Santa ... especially having discovered Santa's footprints in his classroom this morning! LOL
Today, I am thankful for:
  • Making new friends. It's been a long time since I have been around other 'mummies' ... hadn't realised how much I missed it.
  • Auryn's Teachers. He has settled sooooo well at school & is totally happy there - the teacher's & helpers care about their kids - & it shows!
  • Darent Valley Hospital. Maybe not the best healthcare in the world but my stepfather was admitted today & is already feeling happier that they will find what ails him ... & then fix it! & that's good enough for me!
Back tomorrow - I have new SU! goodies!!!

6 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Sounds like you had a full day. Love your project and the colors are so pretty.

Looby said...

Gorgeous cards hun - I love the way you've put a picture on the tag (may have to borrow that idea! LOL)
And just how cute is Fish in his uniform - can't believe how grown up he looks!

Lou x

Anonymous said...

"I love to read your comments (yup! I read every single one!)so tell me what you think!"
OK, I believe you now send an e-mail to your father but not at the tesco.net addy, I cannot open it.

Nice to see a pic of laughing boy. I remember a fellow just like the one in red.

Weather here is a pleasent 30ish and the shops all have Xmas songs going even though it is Hari Reya this weekend.

You know who (or should that be whom?) and WSM

Anonymous said...

So glad that you have had a good time at Fishes school. He looks so grown up in the picture. How's your stepfather feeling better I hope please send my best wishes to him and Mother . Luv Auntie Jane

Anonymous said...

Just realised who your step-father is!
Sorry to hear about that do give me an update when you e-mail me.

YKW & WSM

Ruth said...

Love the cards, and definately package more into boxes, they look fab and I'm sure they will sell!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!