Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Friday 12 December 2008

Is This A Winning Card?

It's 3 months since I applied for a DT spot at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round, which means it's time to re-apply. Although the requirement was to produce just one card, I found it a li'l bit of a challenge as it had to be inspired by the blog banner - just as it was last time. So I had to create something both the same & totally different! LOL
Auntie Jane brought these MME papers & die cuts back from the US for me last month & I knew at once that they were the ones I'd want to use. The colours are similar to the blog banner ... just more pastel & the composition is inspired by it too. The photo doesn't show it particularly well (flash photography) but the snowman & 'joy' are adhered on foam tape for dimension. I also added self adhesive pearls to the snowman's buttons & black ones for his eyes & mouth - a bit of sanding, inking & machine stitching & it's done!
There's still time to apply ... the call closes tomorrow - and the announcement for the new team will be Monday. Deets are here if you fancy trying out!

3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This card is just adorable. I think it's a winner.

Deanne Clarke said...

Sooooooooooo cute, Beverley!!!

Denise said...

Apparently it is a winner. :) Congrats on making the design team!!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!