Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Kazan's Sketch #15

Can you believe it's been nearly 2 months since I last played along with 2 Sketches 4 You?? Life just gets in the way sometimes doesn't it? Anyway, I'm up to date with all my DT work & needed to make a card for my stepfather, who is in hospital ATM, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out Kazan's latest sketch.
Masculine cards can be a bit tricky but the papers (Prima Marketing: Cavalier) made it easy. The image is from a bunch of replica ephemera that I picked up at the Museum while visiting the Christmas markets at Bury St Edmunds a couple weeks ago - from the 'Home Front' pack. My stepfather has an interest in WWII, so this was just perfect. I distressed and inked all my edges before machine stitching the papers into position & then just stapled the sentiment (SU!) & velvet ric rac into place. Just cuz it's a man-card doesn't mean that it can't have texture! LOL.

My stepfather is much better but will probably have an operation before they let him loose on the world. We don't expect him home before the weekend.

I blew the NaBloPoMo challenge to blog every day this month but I shall carry on with the thankful theme anyway. & who knows ... maybe next year I'll blog every day - one month at least! LOL
Today I'm thankful for:
  • Ready Brek. They used to advertise it as 'central heating for kids' & it keeps me warm & nourished on cold wintery mornings.
  • The internet. Just this morning I have shopped for groceries, bought a couple of Christmas presents, blogged, applied for a DT post & e-mailed my dad (who lives abroad) ... all before 9am. Later on, I shall be stocking my Misi store with more yummy stuff ... Gotta wonder how I managed without it!
  • Energy Saving Lightbulbs. I have used these for years ... started when they were still a new thing but now big business seems to have caught on we keep getting them through the post - so that's an even bigger saving!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great masculine card!! Love your take on Kazan's 2s4y sketch this week!

StampinCathy said...

This is a great manly man card.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! That ephemera is great and I love what you did with the sketch!

Unknown said...

Very clever :) Love your interpretation of the sketch - thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

I hope your stepfather is well, soon! Perfect masculine get well card!

Kristen Swain said...

love that fun old timey clipart! great job on the sketch!
kris

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!